love

love

Wednesday 21 May 2014

New Photographers

Well, like I said, I now feel that the project will actually benefit from having more people involved in it. It is not only about having more photographers on stand-by (although the panic attacks I get when I can't get hold of someone are incredibly serious, sometimes I worry for my mental health) but for the most part it is about having more creative power - young talented people throwing ideas around is. The. Best. So when Kelly (my best friend who's behind ForwardA's social media) put information about the exhibition, we were given names of two girls - Alexia and Emma. So I emailed them and we all met up. I swear there's no feeling like seeing people not only willing to share your vision but also build on it. I MUST start videoing these meeting and posting them. It just still feels so awkward I can't seem to get over this barrier. Yet.
By the way, still to this day, as far as my own tastes in photography/ portraiture go, I am convinced no one does it like Ranen http://www.rayfiasco.com/music#5 Sometimes when I go through the proposal and notes I come across his work and I can't stop looking. This boy's visions are amazing.
So I guess this was it for today. Not as hectic as yesterday but I met new people and I tend to consider this an achievement.
It's getting pretty late and my post is looking to be rather light tomorrow because all I am planning to do is get up to my eyeballs in the work of the MC we've scheduled to shoot on Friday. I will spend my time watching him on YouTube so I can be prepared to meet him. So as far as blogging is concerned I'd like to get you up to date on my 'correspondence'. I do send emails you know. Some stay unanswered, some receive replies, none of them has led to anything extraordinary but I originally planned this blog to cover all of my steps on this project. Emails are steps so there you go, tomorrow.
This blog though, it's another headache of mine. Now that I've got the hang of operating it, I want to change its structure so it would look better, be more user friendly and serve the purpose more. I want it to upload my videos and to embed links. I've a structure in mind but bringing it to life is another matter entirely. I have Whatsapped my web designer (she lives in Buenos Aires by the way, we only speak on Skype) and she says what I'm asking is not so easy apparently. Which.. why does it not surprise me?
I'm late for my meditation! Also, this book I'm reading is turning out to be such a treat the 'old' me wouldn't have been able to put it down. But I'm well disciplined these past few days - project first, entertainment second. (Except for this Saturday, my sister and I are bungee jumping at the O2 Arena in the morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment