love

love

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Ride of a Day

It's been quite a day. I have finally got the 'courage' to go to SBTV in hopes to find Jamal Edwards and bravely, in a like-i-mean-business way, hand him in my proposal. It is a MUST that he be featured in the exhibition, what he has been doing for the culture is undeniable.
So I knew the street name where the office is but not the number - just, you know, to add to my already unbearable pressure this anticipation of having to go knock on secured doors and ask 'is SBTV' somewhere here? Please enjoy this video of me hyperventilating before I go in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cysv7ZqXS9I&feature=youtu.be 
It all ended worse than I thought though: I was told by one of the receptionists SBTV has moved office ages ago! Great. That's great. Yet another crucial person I don't know how get hold of. Yet.

So I came home and dealt with this photo studio problem I'd got myself into. Because you see I'd made a mistake and assumed one of the photographers has got access to a studio (it's actually more than that, I'd actually assumed they've got their own studio!) and just went on and scheduled our first official shoot without confirming with the boys first. Um, dumb. Um, totally paid for it with extensive growth of grey hairs on my head when I realised what I'd done. So I could either email the artist and ask to reschedule (look up the description of 'unprofessionalism', this is textbook) or do what I have to do to make the show go on. So I googled, made calls, bargained and borrowed money from my friend so we could have our first portrait shoot on Friday, as agreed.

After this was done, I went to the BBC Broadcasting House and waited for Charlie Sloth to appear. By now I have started giving him warning calls that I am lurking around, I've been so persistent when it comes to him I find myself apologising for acting like a leech ha! But please trust me when I say: there hasn't been a man nicer than Charlie. He might not pick up his phone when I call or reply my texts, but when I do see him he never, and I mean NEVER, not willing to help. OK, maybe he does like this exhibition idea and I guess that helps but believe me when I say the man. is. boss.

Anyway, we talked for a few minutes and I was given the email address of his agent so that I could schedule the time for Chalie's photo shoot. Well I've sent the request, and now I shall await.

I'm exhausted by the way. It didn't feel like I've accomplished much but now that I'm writing about it it does look like a long day. I want to restructure this blog and to be able to write more frequently. While the sh-t is fresh you know.

Night now. Meditation time for me. Also haven't read a book in ages, I'm starting 'The Hundred Hearts' tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment